Windows xp internet connection sharing wireless
: Adsl wireless
router modem : How to connect to wireless
Windows Xp Internet Connection Sharing Wireless
- Internet access refers to the means by which users connect to the Internet.
- A telephone number you dial to connect your computer to the Internet.
- how you get onto the Internet (you can dial through your telephone, have a fast cable such as ADSL, or have a wireless connection).
- is the upcoming version of Microsoft's OS. There will be both a Windows XP Professional version and a Windows XP consumer version. The new OS promises to feature more multimedia capabilities and better integration with portable devices.
- Windows XP is an operating system produced by Microsoft for use on personal computers, including home and business desktops, laptops, and media centers. It was first released in August 2001, and is currently one of the most popular versions of Windows. The name "XP" is short for "eXPerience."
- Powerful Windows operating system that provides reliability, robustness, and ease of use for both corporate and home PC users.
- transmission by radio waves
- Lacking or not requiring wires
- having no wires; "a wireless security system"
- radio: medium for communication
- Use, occupy, or enjoy (something) jointly with another or others
- having in common; "the sharing of electrons creates molecules"
- unselfishly willing to share with others; "a warm and sharing friend"
- Have a portion of (something) with another or others
- Give a portion of (something) to another or others
- using or enjoying something jointly with others
osborne 1 on the internet
So, I have this hooked up through an ibook via usb-to-serial cable.
For the nerds:
99% of this was easy. The hard part was the final 1%: configuring the necessary OS X files:
In the end, in order to get a login prompt (at 1200 baud) I added this to the ibook's /etc/ttys file:
tty.USB-Serial1 "/usr/libexec/getty local.1200" vt52 on local softcar secure
then i copied the local.9600 entry in the /etc/gettytab file (the one with all the weird hex numbers) and simply changed all the 9600s to 1200
Prior to this I tried a million different combinations like serial.1200 std.1200 yada yada yada all of which immediately dropped a connection
and/or produced truncated login prompts! FRUSTRATING.
Oh, I used a Cables Unlimited USB to 2 RS232 Cable, which I don't recommend because it definitely does NOT work with LEOPARD and likely does not work with TIGER, although it works just fine with panther.
August 27: Internet Connection
I went to the internet
provider, DU, today with my
friend David. We have both registered for connection
and should have internet at home on September 7th. This is so much sooner that I anticipated. I will also have a land line too. I am looking forward to being connected.
See also: cheap wireless antenna setting up wireless router securing a wireless network linksys wireless ccd camera wireless motion light wireless card linux cateye micro wireless mc100w
- (月) 16:26:06|
- Category: None